You'e a New Jerseyan if.....
You're a genuine New Jerseyan if you recognize or can relate to at least
- You don't think of citrus when people mention "The Oranges."
- You know that it's called "Great Adventure," not "Six Flags."
- You've ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.
- You know that only people from Brooklyn say "Joisey"
- You've known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
- You still refuse to go to Newark
- You remember that the "Two Guys" were from Harrison.
- You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
- At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen, and
know what town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
- You know what a "jug handle" is.
- You know that a WaWa is a convenience store.
- You know what the "Ginny Gangplank" is.
- You know that the state isn't all farmland.
- You drove to "Reedman's" for your new car.
- You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey - there's "The
- You know that the road to the shore is "The Parkway" not "The
- You know that "Piney" isn't referring to a tree.
- Even your school cafeteria made good Italian subs. And you call it a
not a "submarine sandwich" or worse yet, a "hoagie" or a "hero."
- You remember the song from the Palisades Park commercials.
- You know how to properly navigate a Circle.
- You knew that the last question had to do with driving.
- You know who Whitey, Billy, Mickey, and Yogi were. Along with Sam,
Along with Willis, Dave, Bill, and Clyde.
- You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't require
identify it (like, try ...Mexico, ...York, ...Hampshire -doesn't work,
- You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it "The
And, you take the "GW", or the "Holland", or the "Lincoln" to get there.
- You know that a "White Castle" is the name of BOTH a fast food chain
fast food sandwich.
- You consider a corned beef sandwich with lettuce and Mayo a
- In the 80's you wore your hair REALLY high.
- You don't think "What exit" (do you live near?) is very funny.
- You rode a dirt bike in the sand pits now called "Raritan Center"
- You have a PBA card in your wallet, or shield in your car.
- You know where the "Two Bridges" are
- You know that the real first "strip shopping center" in the country
is Route 22.
- You know that people from 609 area code are "a little different."
- You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton- that's
- When you heard someone mention "Freehold," they weren't talking about
- You know all the Amtrak stops, in sequence, from Penn Central to
- You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
- You've had your hand "stamped" to get onto the beach.
- You remember "E.J. Korvettes", and possibly know what the name meant.
- You can see the Manhattan skyline from some part of your town.
- You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
- You've paid someone to take your car to NJ MV Inspection.
- You know who Roger Grimsby, Roseanne Scamardella, Tex Antoine are.
- You know the names of the "Pep Boys"
- Every year, you had at least one kid in your class named Tony.
- You know where every "clip" shown in the Sopranos opening credits is.
- You own or once owned, a shiny, matching jogging outfit.
- You've gotten on the wrong highway trying to get out of Willowbrook
- You know the jingle for "WABC w/Dan Ingram"
- You've eaten a Boardwalk sausage sandwich, with oil dripping to your
along with vinegar fries.
- You remember when the Meadowlands was just a swamp, and Secaccus was
- You sprinkle in "you know", "friggin", or "fahgetaboutit" into your
conversations. You know what "pork roll" is.
- You know where both the Holland Lincoln Tunnels start and end.
- You call East Jersey Prison "Rahway"
- And finally............You've never pumped your own gas.
Welcome to New Jersey!